If you are experiencing symptoms (Fever, Cough, Shortness of breath, Sore throat, Headache, Extreme Fatigue, Body or muscle ache, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Loss of smell, Loss of taste), please call (414) 383-9526 (Press 1 for Medical Clinic then when prompted Press 4 for COVID-19 Screening/Testing) to speak with a health care professional from GLIIHC for further guidance and information on testing. GLIIHC will conduct a clinical assessment for all individuals prior to setting an appointment for testing. This will help to limit exposure to clients as well as staff to help #flattenthecurve.
When presenting for your scheduled appointment at our clinic, please abide by #socialdistancing rules of 6 ft. between yourself and others. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we prevent the community spread of coronavirus, while working to improve the health, peace and well-being of urban Indians in the Greater Milwaukee Area.
- If you have a scheduled appointment, staff will contact you and walk you through GLIIHC’s revised intake procedures.
- In accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Program (CDC) recommendations for social distancing, upon your arrival, you will be directed to the clinic’s north entrance, located in the parking lot behind the GLIIHC building, 920 W. Historic Mitchell St.
- Please wait in your car. Staff will call your cell phone when it is time to see your provider.
- If you don’t have a cell phone, approach the north entrance where you will be allowed access and screened upon entry.
BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CLINIC YOU MUST:
- Take your Temperature
- Put on a new pair of gloves
- Put on a new face mask
- When your room is ready, you will be escorted to your room by a GLIIHC staff member.
- Please come to your appointment alone if possible. If a friend or relative provides your transportation, please do not bring them into the clinic with you.
- The person with the appointment will be the only one allowed in.
- If it’s a minor, one parent will be allowed in.
- If for any reason you’re unable to comply these rules, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- If you have a dental appointment that is not an emergency, please call (414) 316-3738 to cancel and reschedule.
GLIIHC’s Medical and Behavioral Health Departments continue to see patients. However, please call prior to schedule an appointment and inquire about our Telehealth option. The GLIIHC Pharmacy staff will continue to fill prescriptions during regular hours. Please follow the same protocol of calling prior to picking up a prescription.
To read the latest information about COVID-19 check GLIIHC’s facebook, Gerald L. Ignace Indian Health Center, the Department of Health Services (DHS) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) websites.
Partnering Health Center Contact Information
- Milwaukee Health Services, Inc.: (414) 372-8080 | mhsi.org
- Outreach Community Health Center: 1-800-952-1086 | ochc-milw.org
- Progressive Community Health Center: (414) 882-2040 | progressivechc.org
- Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers: (414) 672-1353 | sschc.org
Individuals who need more information on their closest place of care should call 211.
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services and your local health department have determined you are at high risk of having been exposed to 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19). This risk was determined because you had contact with someone who was infected with COVID-19. You should follow these recommendations for 14 days from the date of your last contact with the infected individuals. To protect yourself, your family, and your community, practice self-quarantine and self-monitoring. Download your 14-Day Symptom Tracker.